Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bush's Israel Welcome


Jerusalem Puts Up Flags that blow in today's rain and fog

Freedom for Pollard organization put up Banners
telling Bush, Nasrallah, and Haniyeh to free their Jewish captives

President Bush is coming to Israel for the first time as president of the USA tomorrow and the city of Jerusalem has gone mad. The country is spending $400,000 to welcome Bush, American as well as Israeli flags have gone up all over Jerusalem, and the city and its residents are bracing themselves for many roads being closed and traffic jams. In the meantime, there have been a few rallies (for freedom for Pollard, an undivided Jerusalem, and more) already this week and more coming up (Thursday night in Kikar Tziyon).

The other day I was stuck in traffic on a bus because the city has rushed to finish some construction projects related to the new train/monorail that will eventually be finished to make Bush's commute easier. I was all the way in front of the packed bus and the driver was complaining about all this craziness for Bush. I told him that I was American and I really couldn't care less that Bush was coming. I said that as an American and an Israeli, I don't feel that the city should drive its residents crazy, even for the arrival of a president I voted for.

I was talking to someone tonight who had an important dental appointment canceled because the office is in 1 of the closed-off-for-Bush areas and the dentist either didn't think it was worth the trouble for him to come in or the patients wouldn't bother coming because it would be too hard to get there.

Another friend and I were talking and were upset that Bush was getting such royal treatment. It's as if our government is treating him like some sort of king or something. We just hope that when Mashiach comes, may that be immediately!, He gets treatment many times greater than this!

Labels: , , ,







3 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Here's what I'm seeing. I believe it was ordained by the Divine that Bush travel by car so he would have an intimate encounter w/ the land, as opposed to the view by helicoptor. Knowing he is from Texas,I believe Bush will have an experience of the lay of the land and knowing he is a Texan, the rural aspects of the land will affect him in a positive way. The sheep, horses, the farms, all speak to his soul.
    I read he is asking to see the sun rise every morning over Jerusalem and will take a trip to Galilee and Bethlehem. I guess this is his first time ever in the Holy Land, therefore, it seems to me he is taking a pilgrimage while he is here. I did not count on that and feel encouraged.
    As far as the cost...please...do I have to mention how much money the US gives to Israel?? I think one of our Presidents can be accommodated. And then there are the assassination threats. This has caused me great concern on the heals of Benazir Bhutto's murder. It is taking great courage for him to be in this region of the world.
    I'm sure the traffic is a real hassle but hey, think what a hassle nuclear war can be!! Now that's a problem!! No dental appointments will be happening then I promise! DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE?? DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE?? Do you know the time?? Do you know the hour?? Have you stopped praying?? These are critical times. Not one day should go by without the burden of understanding this.
    And then, finally, there is the rain. Rain means blessing in a desert land. judith

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Blogger Malkah said...

    MAZEL TOV!!!!

    This is Kumah's 1,000th blog post.

     
  • At 2:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The mere fact that there is no god and jew are aliens that pose a threat to all mankinds existance, and have breeded with humans for some time. My question is for the occupying aliens, do you really believe that everyone can be fooled with the bible and religous BS that has been spread for all to follow in one manner or another. Move back to the planet you all came from, or was it mars and thats why it is now dead as well. I am a jew but not an alien, and do not appriciate the hijacking of a once respected thing to be a hated thing no matter where it is in this planet. JUST GO BACK PLEASE

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home