Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Friday, May 11, 2007

Little Mosque on the Prairie


I'm one of those American/Israeli Jews who never really divorced herself from American pop culture. Not that I was so into it to begin with, but I'm still more entertained by American content than by Israeli. And I have a weakness for TV. This moral turpitude has led me to discover a wide and wonderful world of programming on the internet, seeing as I'm so far away from my good friends at NBC and CBS.

Every once in a while, you not only find something entertaining, but you find something educational or important.

On one sunny afternoon, unable to soothe my TV gluttony, I perused a site and found a series whose title made me laugh out loud - Little Mosque on the Prairie.


Online Videos by Veoh.com

At the website www.alloftv.net, you can watch all the episodes that have been syndicated so far. Produced by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, this show is meant to show you how sweet, regular, and downright endearing Muslims are, and what a pleasure it would be if only you could have some in your neighborhood. A more brilliant and subtle-yet-unsubtle piece of propaganda one nary has the privilege to witness.

So I propose we come up with some counter propaganda- so far, I have "Little Third Temple on the Prairie", "Days of Our Pascal Offerings", "Afikomen Break" (a drama about a lost Afikomen and the angsty attempts of the family to find it and eat it) and "CSI" (Coming Soon to Israel, a show about how ALL the Jews want to make aliyah, and how easy, fun, and economically satisfying it is). There's also "The Cosby Show", about that nasty incident involving Pinchas and public impropriety, but I think that's a more Cinemax niche.

Touche to Arabia - nice work. Darn it.

Labels: , , , ,







5 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Love your posts Malkah...and the Cosby comment is brilliant.

     
  • At 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Propaganda? It's funny you mention the Cosby show, which was credited with introducing isolated white America to a normal Black family.

    Score another point for city life in the galut- I have Muslim friends and neighbors and they are both endearing and a pleasure to live alongside.

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Blogger Malkah said...

    Dear anonymous,

    I am SO glad to hear that you are successful with your Muslim neighbors. Please - take mine. Have a great time.

     
  • At 4:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I tried going on alloftv.net but I some episodes are not working...

    you should go to http://www.boxsweeper.com

     
  • At 4:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    here's the link www.boxsweeper.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home