Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Super-Soft Sell


How do we get American Jews to make aliyah?

I recently heard an interview with Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis on Israel National Radio, in which she basically assured the listeners that we are in the days immediately preceding the arrival of the Messiah, and that it is of great urgency that we all return to G-d ASAP. For religious Zionists, this also translates into sounding the alarms to bring Jews back to the Holy Land.

I like to encourage aliyah by yelling at people, flailing my arms, grabbing people by shirt collars and shaking them, what have you. But there are others who are trying to engender love for Israel in a much softer, sweeter, less frontal manner. In fact, it's so soft, so gentle, that one may wonder whether the message comes across at all. Which way is the best? You decide.

I present: THE SUPER-SOFT SELL, entitled "Why I Don't Live in Israel", produced by Lori Palatanik of Aish HaTorah:

Labels: , ,







3 Comments:

  • At 1:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This Lori could use a good shaking. Does she not realize for every one Jew that she inspires to come to live Israel she's sending a message to a hundred Jews that the diaspora is a perfectly good even blessed from heavens option for a Jew.

    We are losing tens of thousands of Jews every year in America due to assimilation. What does it matter if we lose a Jew to the gas chambers or lose a Jew to assimilation? A lost Jew is a lost Jew.

    We should not be sending emissaries to America to hold a Jews hand. We should be sending mercenaries to club Jews over the head, gag them, duct tape a pillow case on their head and give them smelling salt when they arrive in Ben Gurion airport.

     
  • At 11:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mrs. Lori seems like a wonderfully sincere and extremely likeable person, nonetheless, I still believe that if I wanted to live in Israel, I would not start by leaving Israel to take a job in Toronto. The key to living in Israel is to make the decision to live here and then to be willing to go to any length to follow through. There never will be a perfect time. I really respect that Mrs. Lori is using her time well in the US, but I would prefer to welcome her home to stay.

     
  • At 5:15 AM , Blogger Mark said...

    Very easy to pass judgment on US Jews. I am 47; at 40 I discovered Judaism and have become intensely Zionistic. Not a day goes by where I don't feel a sense of struggle. I love Israel but I can't abandon my family to it; you, see it's not just a matter of what an individual thinks, we are tied to each other. If Hashem wills us to suffer in the diaspora I'd rather be suffering here with my loved ones. My wife is a wonderful loving person but could never leave behind her family and my boy and girl etc; It's not such a simple matter; and being an addict of INR when I hear you guys(especially Tamar) pontificate about Aliyah I't deflates me, Thank you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home