Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Monday, June 28, 2004

Naomi Shemer, a"h


Naomi Shemer, prolific Israeli song-writer, passed away this Shabbat. Two articles are here:
(INN and JPost. She requested that at her funeral, no eulogies be said, but that some of her songs be sang. So, I'll oblige on the blog as well, and just leave it with my favorite passage (which my family walked down to at my wedding) from a woman who sang from the heart of Zion:





Please don't uproot that which was planted,
and don't forget the hope.
Return me, and I will return
to the Good Land.

אל נא תעקור נטוע,
אל תשכח את התקווה
השיבני ואשובה
אל הארץ הטובה.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home