Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Be Very Afraid




Dear Mr. Fleisher,

Greetings! Quite often when I listen to Israel National Radio, I hear you, among many of the other personalities, recommend that Jewish listeners should seriously consider making "aliyah."

I wonder if that is such a good idea. G-d in His great wisdom sent the Jews into exile. Was this possibly a way of Him making you not quite such an easy target? I am thinking of the old adage, "Don't put all of your eggs in one basket," or perhaps a more modern variation such as, "Don't put all of your United States Marines in one barracks in Beirut."

Or as I roared to one platoon many years ago when I served, "Spread out you ******** (expletive deleted)!"

I agree totally that the Jews were handed a raw deal for no reason whatsoever in many countries. However, "strength in numbers" is no longer all that accurate a statement considering the modern weapons of warfare and the devastation which they wreak.

Thank you. Keep safe and well.

Yours, ever faithfully,
Thomas

====

Hello Yishai,

Why do you want all the Jews in America to go back to Israel? - It seems a strategic disaster to have them all in one place for their enemy to find.

Thanks, Becky
USA

====

Subject: reverse aliya

Yishai,

I haven't read the news yet. I am scared! What happens now to all of you living in Israel, and not just the Shtuchim?

Will Israel be around long enough to make aliya to?

David from Brooklyn

Labels: , ,







2 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Reb Yishai AMUSH,

    While Aliya has not quite made it to the top of my list of things to do yet. Recent events such as the Bush administration's 180 on Israel show the Goldeneh Midinah is only Gold plated and the plating is wearing thin.

     
  • At 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    From someone who made aliya then reverse aliya, I can say I am happier now.

    Also, for the vast majority of our history on this planet, a long history, we've managed fine without Israel. We will continue to do so. I am quite happy in my identity being Jewish in America. Believe it or not, my identity was challenged repeatedly in Israel. I'm not confortable having to continually defend my views or conform to someone else's idea of what it means to be a Jew. I certainly don't want my kids growing up in that environment. America is not perfect, but it's better for me.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home