Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hayeenu KeCholmim - "We Were As Dreamers"



So Yossi Benayoun, a 27-year-old star from Dimona is following the Israeli dream - to be a success in Chutz La'aretz. What a role model for our youth. Any poor kid from Dimona will always know - one day, if your lucky, you can grow up and leave Israel - and maybe you'll get to play for West HAM!

From YNET:

Yossi Benayoun, West Ham United's midfielder, is now the highest-paid Israeli sportsman ever. Forever known as "the kid from Dimona", Benayoun, 27, has certainly grown up. He now has a five-year contract grossing him about $4.5 million a year.

"If someone would have told me, back when I was playing in Israel, that this is the way my career would be going, I would have believed them immediately...I've had a lot of dreams come true. This is one of them," said Benayoun Saturday.

In 2002 Benayoun joined Spain's Racing Santander, but he never forgot his childhood dream - to play in the English Premier League. Two years ago his dream came true, when he joined West Ham United. "I've always had people doubt me," he said, "but I only have one person to prove myself to - me," he said Saturday. "I believe I can make it even further. My dreams are far from over."

Imagine if Benayoun would have come out with a different statement:

"I appreciate the British offer, but I'm a proud Israeli, and after 2000 years of exile, I have the privilege and the responsibility to play in Israel, to put Israeli soccer on the map, and to give hope to the Israeli youth! AM YISRAEL CHAI!!!"

Alas, Binayoun has a different dream.
Hayeenu KeCholmim...

Labels: , ,







3 Comments:

  • At 6:36 AM , Blogger Gavi said...

    AWESOME statement right there at the end, Yishai. Hopefully more talented young people will feel exactly that, pay heed to Hashem's calling, and make similar proclamations. May we see it come to pass SOON!!!

     
  • At 12:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yossi has the right to play in the premier ship if he chooses. He is a good role model for Israel. He is playing for one of the most charasmatic teams in the world Liverpool.

    By playing in the premier ship he will improve his skills, which will help improve the national team.

    You should applaud him.

    Steve
    UK A Christian friend of Israel who has supported Jews going back to Israel through Christian charities.

     
  • At 4:22 AM , Anonymous Barrichello said...

    what a hideous face he has

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home