Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pride - In the Name of Love




I am really excited for this years Israel Independence Day. Why? I had a dream the other night, and I have no idea what it was about, I only remember the conclusion. The State of Israel is the greatest thing that has happened to us. Yup, the State, not only the Land. Jewish sovereignty, problematic as it is, is simply a gift.

It's beyond my mind, it's in my heart and soul. I can simply feel that Israel is the greatest blessing, and while I am understanding and sensitive, I feel awful and angry about the continued exile.

There hasn't been a day in the past 4 years where I haven't thanked G-d for letting me live in Israel, for helping me eek out a living. What did you think, that you could marry the greatest girl in the world and be filthy rich as well. No, something must give, and making a living in Israel is hard - but at least it's a really LIVING, unlike being loaded but partially dead. Lo Toda.

40 years since the Six-Day War when G-d showed His true hand, when He revealed Himself in the greatest of revelations. Man, it's hard to fathom how incredible it is when Hashem fulfills His promise. And we... why do we merit it? I don't know. All I know is, we are here, so might as well make it a good run.

Sometimes you need to put on some loud pump-up music, and go crazy, feel the energy and passion coarse through you. Sometimes you need to breath in the warm evening air and remember being young and alive. There is something so ALIVE in Israel. Life is a gift, and life in Israel is the greatest gift of all, living with this crazy government and these amazing stiff-necked brothers.

I saw a low-flying big-eagle today as I was walking my dog and I remembered two separate ideas involving the eagle in our sources:

1. "Be light like an eagle" - Don't let things get to you, fly above them, look from above, have equanimity.

2. G-d is like an eagle, brooding over His young, tending to His chicks.

The first idea is that you shouldn't let things get to you like the situation in Israel, be patient, be above it, have a birds-eye-view.

The second is that there is providence watching out for us - so have faith and DO NOT FEAR.

Happy Israel Independence Day - celebrate with pride. Mazal tov!!

Here is a great audio about a modern day Jewish pioneer - Rabbi Menachem Listman

Labels: , ,







1 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM , Blogger Avi said...

    Amen!

    Jewish sovereignty is a gift and a mitzvah! The State of Israel is holy - it is simply our responsibility to raise it even higher when it doesn't always seem so great.

    Chag Atzmaut Sameach!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home