Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Musings from an exile with her eyes open


Email from Chashmal28, in India:

to live outside the holyland
bs'd

as i sit at the computer reading of the tragedies happening to my people my country, tears course down my cheeks.

feelings of pain, wretchedness, helpless flit across my consciousness.

how can i just sit here, in my silly bubble of security, my illusive world of safety while my people suffer so??

i know if only i was stronger, more determined, more adamant, i'd be getting up off this chair and going to israel, DOING something, ANYTHING.

i mean, there must be something i can do.

could should yet am not.

here i am sitting so far away, with the option of closing out the hell of my people and instead tuning in and focusing on my own uneventful, meaningless and mind numbing life so far from my homeland.

how is it possible? how can i just choose to sit here ?

it is and i am.

galut [exile -ed.]






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home