Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Sunday, May 15, 2005

New Aliyah Blog


Batsheva Neuer has started a wonderful new Aliyah Blog! Here are a couple of her beautiful posts:

Herzlya Beach, Yom Ha'atzmaut 2005


Wishful thinking...
I often wonder if Israel isn't some distant fantasy that deep down I wish to remain just as such. That now that I have seen its realness I'm scared. Scared to face its harshness, to step into the icey waters alone. I want it to be about its music, its holiness, about Jerusalem. I want it to be magical, to lift me to a world where reality doesn't exist, or at least not Israel's difficult one. I want the soldiers to be but just to be. No wars, no danger. Just to be those young, romantic heroes with the stubbly cheeks and serious glares. I want to feel the importance of Har Habayit to be prevalent without it coming from the constant threat of the enemy, only emanating from it's inherent holiness. I want the youth-including myself- to forever remain idealistic, and for them not to grow up. Perhaps to create my very own Neverland, can it be? For there to be those promising few, sincerely swearing to die for their land should the time come. But, not for them having to, for them doing so. By choosing Israel as my life I must overcome this wish of maintaining the fantasy. I must grow beyond the hills of Hebron and its inhabitants and the orange waves of Khatif. Into the Israel of finance, of chaos, of war. Of reality... of its lower moments. But to keep in mind the higher ones. With every downfall there will be an up. With every crash, economic or sociological, there will be a rise. This is the challenge. This is Israel. And, with G-d's help, I'll make it my own.

You can visit Batsheva's blog at www.shevslog.com or by clicking on the Kumah Aliyah Blog Link (soon to be added.)

If you have or know of an Aliyah Blog please let us know at arise at kumah dot org!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home