Join the Neo-Zionist
Revolution!

  • Receive our Kummunique:
    unique and informative emails
    about events, articles, and info
    to keep you in touch.

Kumah Mascots

Kumah Awards

*** THE ALIYAH REVOLUTION ALBUM ***

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Aliyah Reloaded!


On May 13, 2003 Nefesh B'Nefesh held an Aliyah information session at the Young Israel of Holliswood. In attendance among 40 future olim, were Kumah's very own Yishai, Malkah and myself. I had with me a nine-page proposal I had written up for Project SingOlim. I was planning on asking NBN's Rabbi Fass for help with the endeavor. Yet at the last minute I became hesitant - perhaps it was just cold feet. I turned to Yishai and asked him if he really thought it was a good idea. He looked at me and said - "Pinchas, look around. Today we sit with forty future olim, right here in the basement of Holliswood Jewish Center in Queens. Who knows? In ten year's this event will be held at the Hilton in midtown Manhattan!" Indeed he inspired me to talk to Rabbi Fass who turned out to be extremely receptive to the idea and even read the whole proposal on the spot right there in front of me!

It is not even two years since Yishai uttered those words to me.



Today, March 6, 2005, NBN will be holding two incredible and informative Aliyah events, one in New York City at the Lincoln Square Synagogue and one in Englewood, New Jersey at the Radisson Hotel! Click here for more details and to register - FREE.

In less than two years - Aliyah has gone from the basement of a Queens' shul to the Lincoln Square Synagogue and the Radisson Hotel. If that's not an indication of an Aliyah Revolution I don't know what is! Actually, they're might even be another term for what's going on before our eyes.

Among those on the winter 2004 NBN flight was an accomplished poet, Ray Walker. I spoke to her at JFK airport and offered her an "Aliyah Revolution" pin. She showed me that she already had a Kumah "I'm making Aliyah" pin! She then remarked, "Aliyah Revolution? This is not an Aliyah Revolution!" My jaw dropped as I my mind raced. "Look around this JFK terminal, Ma'am. There are 500 people making Aliyah today! How can you say it's not an Aliyah Revolution," I wanted to say but held back to hear her finish her sentence. She continued, "It's an Aliyah..." She paused and searched for the right word to use as any accomplished poet would. "It's an Aliyah... renaissance!" Her point was quite clear to me. A renaissance is a rebirth, a revival. Aliyah is not a new concept to Jews - though unfortunately too many Jews think of it as a new concept. Rather, Jews are waking up and realizing that the time has never been better to return Home. Basically - to follow along our Matrix theme she was saying it was Aliyah Reloaded!

But there is a revolutionary part to it. It is a revolution in terms of the way people think about Aliyah. People never before have made Aliyah by choice on such a massive scale! Never before have there been complete planeloads of Jews from North America giving up the "American Dream" for the "Jewish Dream."

Aliyah Renaissance? Aliyah Reloaded? Whatever you call it, something very special IS happening! And today's Aliyah seminars are proof. I hope to see you there... as we all take part in the Aliyah Revolution!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home